This isn’t your normal safe second/inflator combo. The SS1 is a fresh innovation on a longtime concept as Atomic engineered a new level of performance. While others prioritize the convenience, Atomic placed equal importance on superior materials, reliability and high-performance natural breathing. The SS1 fits virtually any BCD on the market today and actually breathes like a primary.
FITS VIRTUALLY ANY BC
One of the most unique features of the SS1 is its adapt-ability to almost any BC. Atomic designed adapters to fit virtually every popular BC brand available (and many that are not). The adapters also include components for attaching the cable exhaust feature of your existing BC (if applicable).
The SS1 features a quick disconnect not only on the low-pressure hose, but the BCD hose as well. The adapters that fit the SS1 to the BCD are connected to the SS1 with a threaded collar that can be easily unscrewed to detach it completely from the BCD enabling you to carry or store the SS1 with your primary regulator and gauges.
PNEUMATIC & ORAL INFLATION
The SS1 offers pneumatic or oral inflation for buoyancy control and back-up breathing in one small package. Large inflation and deflation buttons make it easy to use the SS1 during a dive. The SS1 is fixed to your BC and falls over the left shoulder. Since the location is fixed and it is constantly being used for inflation, a diver can locate it quickly if air sharing is required.
- Stainless Steel Edition
- Patented Atomic Titanium Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice prevents wear of the low-pressure seat that extends the service interval and improves reliability.
- Titanium lever is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion.
- The SS1 is compatible for EAN mixtures up to 50% Oxygen.
- Integrated flexible purge cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface.
- High-flow LP hose & disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of BC hoses and sizes. The SS1 can be fitted to virtually any make or model BC. (US Patent No. 6,761,163)
- BC Quick-Disconnect system gives you the option to remove the SS1 from the jacket for transport with your regulator system or use on another BC.
- Large oversized and ergonomically-shaped buttons are easy to find for pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation. They are easy to distinguish and faced with soft tactile rubber surfaces.
- Low-profile elliptical design allows the body of the SS1 to lie flat against the BC keeping it out of the way and reducing drag.