Founded in Port Douglas in 2003 by the world record setting deep scuba team, built on the principals established during those recording breaking years (2000-2001), two decades later, our core team largely unchanged, we focus on Bespoke Private Training, Curated Dive Expeditions and supporting our divers with best in class Equipment Sales and Product Servicing.
The company remains family owned, and we do things a little bit differently to a typical dive store, which means, and we’re happy to admit it, we are not for everyone.
We have staff based here in Australia (Port Douglas) and deployments in New Zealand, Japan, UK/Europe and USA/Mexico. Our small team have worked in diverse locations and industries before electing a ‘sea change’, and bring a wealth of experience, commitment and passion with them – a team with global knowledge, and a passion for LUXE Travel, Great Food and Bespoke Dive Experiences.
Our focus is on developing the diver’s principal piece of equipment – themselves – a knowledgeable and sophisticated diver. To this end our courses are thorough, challenging and safely conducted. Our record speaks for itself.
Working with Tech Dive Academy
Thank you for your interest in working with Tech Dive Academy. Staff changes are rare, but we do look for a special kind of team member, so if this is you, read on…
We receive numerous unsolicited job enquires every month by phone and email, to which we can’t respond. PLEASE read the details below BEFORE contacting the company, do NOT contact us unless you meet these minimum requirements, and have checked role availability at the bottom of this page.
Team Member Roles
- Recreational AND Technical Instructor rating:
- Technical Instructor – OC mixed gas minimum (prefer CC)
- Master Scuba Diver Instructor (Prefer Staff Instructor and above) with appropriate speciality instructors including but not limited to: Nitrox EANx, Deep Diver, Drysuit, Night, and Sidemount.
- First Aid Trainer (Australian RTO rating)
- Oxygen Trainer (Australian RTO rating)
- Service Technicians Certificate (Min. Level 2)
- Open Coxswain (Australia)
- STCW95 / ESS
- Australian Working with Children Blue Card
- APEC Card (or the ability to obtain one)
- IATA Card (or ability to obtain one)
- International Dive Knowledge
- Passion for Food and Beverages
- Logistics or Marine Experience
- HVC Experience
While we are Port Douglas based, positions with the company typically involved significant amounts of international travel, therefore a current unencumbered passport is a requirement.
Positions are typically Salary based well above award rates, and the company provides excellent benefits which typically include PL and PI Insurances, Travel Cover, DAN membership, Generous Per Diems on travel days, and we typically reimburse membership and compliance costs on an annual basis.
Sorry, no listings for Tech Dive Academy Pty Ltd.
Sorry, no listings for Tech Dive Pty Ltd.
Sorry, no listings for Blackwater Scuba LLC