Paralenz have launched the new “Vaquita” Dive Camera at Boot Düsseldorf 2020 trade show.
The camera will be shipping in April, with Pre-Orders available now.
Frederik Selvang from Paralenz tells us, this next generation camera is “packed with improvements”, he noted the key points being…
- New True Color OLED display – better viewing angle and contrast
- Live view finder and real time dive profile
- Better quality footage: 1080p 240f, 4k 60fps, smaller files, faster processor
- Packed with sensors – location, conductivity, temperature, depth, gyroscope, accelerometer
- Connectivity – Wifi, Bluetooth, USB
- Super secure waterproof system – quick release coupling with triple o-rings
- Take it deeper than the world record – down to 350m / 1150 ft (Sounds like a challenge to us!)
With an estimated population of no more than 19, the world’s smallest marine mammal, the Vaquita, is listed by the IUCN as Critically Endangered.
The estimated total population has declined by 98,6% since 2011. If the rate of Vaquita deaths continues as it is now, the species will be extinct in the next one to two years.
Paralenz say they have named their camera after the Vaquita to create awareness of how human behavior and indifference can threaten our ecosystems and marine life.
Pricing and Options
System options for the Vaquita will start from $999 and we expect to have a standard and deluxe travel ready kits available in April, following the success of our Feb 2019 release of the complete IP rated travel system: